- 20 minutes
- 4 adults
- Minimal: Washing the Vitamix
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (any type)
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 cup water or more if too thick
- 2 bunches of broccoli, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1 cup frozen, organic, unsweetened corn
- 1 cup black beans (organic, unsalted if canned)
- 1 cup garbanzo beans (organic, unsalted if canned)
- 1 diced orange bell pepper (adds nice color to the dish!)
In Vitamix or high-powered blender, mix the first six ingredients together and blend well (cashews, onion, rosemary, mushrooms, minced onion, and water). Set aside.
Add broccoli, corn, black beans, garbanzo beans, and bell pepper to a large pot, with about 2-3 inches of water, and bring to boil, immediately reducing heat and simmering for five minutes or until broccoli is bright green but tender.
Stir in reserved mixture from the blender. Transfer about two ladels-ful of soup back to the blender and purée. Pour back into the soup and stil well.
Serve in bowls over warm quinoa.
If you need help navigating through this website, have comments about this recipe, or a question for Lulu or staff, please contact us.
à votre santé!